KILLRUDDERY CUT FLOWERS PRESENTS: GROW YOUR OWN CUT FLOWERS WITH FIONNUALA FALLON
About this experience
SUNDAY 28TH JULY
ADULT MEMBER: €148.50
TIME: 10.00 - 16.00
MEETING PLACE: DAIRY YARD
KILLRUDDERY CUT FLOWERS PRESENTS
THE CUT-FLOWER GARDEN IN SUMMER: HOW TO SUSTAINABLY GROW, HARVEST AND ARRANGE AN ABUNDANCE OF SEASONAL FLOWERS WITH FIONNUALA FALLON- Sunday the 28th July
TIME – 10:00 – 16:00
PLACE – THE DAIRY YARD
Killruddery Cut Flowers invites you to join us to learn how to plan and propagate your own nature-friendly cut-flower patch with expert Fionnuala Fallon, Irish Times gardening columnist and National Botanic Gardens-trained horticulturist @theirishflowerfarmer. During this workshop, Fionnuala will take you on a guided walk of the cut-flower beds in Killruddery’s Walled Gardens, sharing her tips for those wishing to create a really productive cut-flower patch which will give lots of beautiful seasonal blooms to use in arrangements throughout the year.
With limited slots available to ensure the workshop remains intimate and each individual receives plenty of guidance throughout the day, all materials for this workshop will be provided and everyone will leave the workshop with a seed pack of several of Fionnuala’s choice varieties of blooms to start you off, along with an understanding of how to apply the knowledge gained during this workshop, in your own garden.
The workshop is Hosted by Fionnuala Brabazon and includes a welcome tea/coffee and treat, a mid-workshop beverage, and a two-course lunch in the Grain Store Restaurant.
ABOUT FIONNUALA FALLON
Fionnuala has been a gardening correspondent with The Irish Times since 2011 and is a horticulturist, garden writer, and garden designer, who also regularly contributes to publications including the Irish Garden magazine. Recently, Fionnuala has worked closely with the Killruddery garden team to propagate, plant, and design our cut flower border throughout the year.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
- This workshop is for anyone who wants to create a productive cut-flower patch to give you lots of beautiful seasonal blooms to use in arrangements throughout the year.
- This workshop is for complete beginners & intermediate practitioners and those looking to explore and expand the art of growing and cultivating a cut-flower patch
- Those looking to gain confidence with a new creative outlet
- Anyone looking to spend time with like-minded individuals doing something new and creative
- All materials are supplied
- Please wear warm thick soled shoes, and dress to suit the day's weather
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to get here, park in our main Car Park and follow signs to Killruddery’s Grain Store
Seasonal Supper Club - Everything perfect from beginning to end, atmospheric setting, wonderful staff and service, the food was so fresh and full of flavour and presented so well, a credit to the head chef Niall, whose visit to each table also made it special. A credit to the whole team, we will definitely be back.