Job Description: Retail Assistant
To generate sales in our Farm Shop through positively promoting Killruddery’s retail products while maintaining a consistent, on brand, premium experience in a friendly and relaxed environment .The role has excellent opportunities for training and development. Ideally you will bring bundles of enthusiasm and energy to this role and have a passion for sustainably produced meat, fruit, vegetables & products.
To work as part of a customer facing team, providing a friendly and knowledgeable welcome on behalf of the company. To contribute to the administration of the day to day paperwork required for your department.
Main areas of responsibility
- Greet customers in a friendly & engaging way.
- Keenly aware of the provenance of products stocked and to convey enthusiasm for the products to the customer.
- Assist shoppers with goods or products they are looking for.
Responsible for re-stocking shelves with merchandise as per agreed specifications and per stock levels.
Have a good understanding of Killruddery’s brand guidelines
Have knowledge of the layout and history of Killruddery so that you can answer questions comprehensively
- Communicate with visitors and members about our public events calendar.
- Selling tickets for public events, memberships, day tickets for the garden and house tours
- Issue membership cards and dealing with the paperwork accurately and efficiently as per Sop’s
- Responsible for cash and card payments and making sure till balances at the end of the day.Keep store clean and tidy at all times.
- Deal with any customer complaints in a helpful manner and passing upwards if necessary to gain speedy and satisfactory resolution
- Report to the manager on duty daily with any feedback from customers.
- Make sure Shop closing procedures are adhered to.
|Completed secondary level education
||Training in retail management
|1-2 years in a similar customer interfacing role in retail
Competencies (Behaviour & Attributes):
Be friendly & engaging, be helpful & polite, comfortable working with large crowds and the public, be physically fit, be able to multi task and problem solve, be adaptable & flexible. Good organisational skills
Be reliable, hardworking and responsible
To be calm under pressure have good I.T skills and have a proving willingness and ability to learn.